– It is your fault and only you can change it
– 4 week ‘programs’ aren’t a real program, it’s just a series of simper workouts to keep your mind occupied and any results that come from it will only be significant if you’re a pure beginner.
– To see significant results you’ll need to invest in a minimum of 3-6months of personal training.
– Their social media is largely a lie geared towards selling you their product.
– You’ll never hear about the clients that didn’t get results and why it happened, here’s a hint (both parties are to blame, however the coach takes the majority of this one as it’s often down to poor communication/coaching from the coach).
– Your excuse, no matter how logical, is still an excuse.
– This is their lively hood and all the time you dick about, slack off in training, forego behaviour change and don’t do what you NEED to be doing, the worse it looks for their reputation.
After being in the industry for many a year now, I can say with a clear conscious that I no longer have time for people who don’t want to help themselves.
I really don’t care.
A lot of coaches/trainers will literally bend over backwards to help you, however if you’re not willing to help yourself then why should anyone else?
When someone newly qualifies in to the fitness industry they’re told to be motivational, inspirational, caring, empathetic and selfless, however this can often cause them personal strife and this shouldn’t be the case.
In your current job would you accept a member of staff who wasn’t pulling their weight?
No, you’d give them a reprimand and if it continued to happen you’d sack them.
You wouldn’t accept a poor attitude or behaviour, keeping this in mind, why should trainers/coaches be any different?
Nothing more than a rant today.