Tag Archives: lies
Now I have your attention, I have an important message for you.
You’re being LIED too.
Everyday you see the stories of ‘ 6 week success’ that companies and some individuals spout out and how you can achieve the same results, all you have to do is buy their products and you will be endowed with the knowledge you need, but sadly this is all bollocks. Lots of the photos are either photoshopped, stolen from people who have taken years to achieve their results or the results of shall we say ‘Enhancement’ (steroids).
I hate to be the one to say it, well… Actually I don’t.
If you see a head line that claims any of the following:
- Lose X amount in X.
- Gain an inch to your arms in X.
- Fat Loss without exercise.
- Pack on muscle in just X weeks.
Basically anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. I understand how desperately people want results and for things to be better/sorted but life doesn’t work that way, trust me. You should always believe half of what you see and less of what you hear.
What is seen in the clever marketing campaigns is nothing more than smoke and mirrors, like that used by the magicians of old it’s all a clever act to get you to part with your hard earned cash. But guess what, it works, again, and again…. and again.
There is no quick fix, magic pill or secret to success.
Okay, there is a secret list of things to do and I’m going to give it to you for free.
For the more dedicated and goal driven person:
- Set a goal.
- Plan out how to achieve said goal (yourself or by hiring a coach)
- Establish your individual caloric/dietary needs.
- Begin exercising (lifting weights) 2-4 times per week – Goal dependent.
- Begin exercising (steady state cardio) 2-5 times per week – Goal dependent.
- Keep multiple dairies – Training, Nutrition, Progress.
- Work hard and be consistent.
- Enjoy the journey, it’s going to be a long road. Remember this is a life style change, not a quick fix.
If that list seems confusing here is a much simpler one that will cater for the general goal of ‘look and feel better, while increasing confidence’:
- Eat more protein from whole foods.
- Eat more fibre from whole foods.
- Eat less refined/man made foods.
- Move more – Ideally 3 sessions of vigorous exercise (weights+cardio) per week should be enough.
Don’t believe everything you’re told and blindly follow like all the other sheep, be different, after all, being different is something that sets us apart from he rest of the animal kingdom.
Hard work, patience and consistency is what achieves results, not quick fixes.