Tag Archives: dumbbell
I have written various posts about getting in quality workouts in a short space of time, I have recently been asked to devise a workout that can be done in as little as 10min upon waking up.
Before you read on there is are a couple of investments you will ned to make:
– Buy a set of 3 or 6 Kettlebells (12,16,20 for woman & 16,20,24 for men) or Buy an adjustable pair of dumbbells.
– A stop watch or Gym Boss timer
– Skipping Rope
These will cost perhaps around £100 depending on where you look, but they will be worth the investment.
The format of the workout is simple, you will only be required to use one or two kettlebells. 2 will make for greater results in the future, but build yourself up to them, there’s no point in killing yourself.
Here is how it works:
Exercises Choices – Pick 1,2,3,4 or how every many you want, you may also add in some of your own favourite exercises if I haven’t listed them.
Bent Over Row
Workout Choices – Pick one of the following modalities and repeat for 10min.
– 1 rep increasing ladder. Start at one of each exercise then add 1 rep the second time through, it will look like this 1,2,3,4,5 etc. Go until you fail to hit your target reps then start again at 1 and repeat until 10min is up.
– Simple Circuit. Perform one exercise for 1 min then skip for 1 min.
– 1 Lift a Day. Pick a lift and do as many reps as you can in 10 min, simple.
Those three simple protocols will help you build strength, lean muscle and burn fat all in 10 min just after you wake up.
I recommend doing these workouts fasted (not having eaten anything).