All of these tips so far have been aimed at saving you time, increasing your hourly value, gaining more clients and improving your brand awareness.
This tip will further help to make you a sought after trainer.
Business Tip Number 6: Limited Space Available.
Creating a sense of urgency is a long forgotten aspect of personal training, many personal trainers will make themselves too available and by doing this they look like they’re not busy, this will potentially devalue what people think of your services.
When you offer something that is in limited supply people will desire it more. As far as basic human psychology goes, it is always worth remembering “we always want what we can’t have” and as a result if we think we might miss out we will want it even more.
There are several ways you can create a sense of urgency, but don’t be fooled in to thinking you just need to say you’re fully booked, remember that people need to see you being busy to believe it. If you successfully use the tips we have covered so far this will be easily achievable for you.
Here are the best ways I have found to convey that your services are not to be missed out on:
– Limiting Members in Bootcamps. Openly writing you have 3 places left etc.
– Posting your available PT times in peak hours.
– A waiting list for future bootcamp/PT bookings.
– Limit the time you run offers, if people miss them even by only a day it’s tuff, they missed it.
– Have a trial period for PT clients, almost like a probation for your clients to make sure they are willing to give 100%.
My last piece of advice for this must only be used if needed, it can be very powerful but it can also work against you…
– Be prepared to say NO to those who don’t give you 100%.
In my experience I have found this last tip has motivated people and given them the kick up the ass they needed, but be warned, this can make you seem arrogant and create unneeded tension if you use the wrong tone of voice or body language.